Hello
    Hello, welcome to my blog. I write about anything ranging from the smallest happening in my life to the greatest and momentous achievement. And of course, yes, writing is my forte.

    like it?

    tagboard
    stats
    Get a hit counter from http://hitcounterstats.com/ or google for more sites and add it here!


    Life

    ''When life throws you a lemon, don't make lemonade, - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these?'' 

    I don't know whether to sigh or to feel happy that my long awaited holiday is here. I miss schooling, i miss learning, i miss sitting at the back of the classroom and ponder about things...... Part-time job has been pretty tough and labourious, it does require much strength and resilience. 

    I think working makes me realise how important education is. I don't necessarily mean that if you are more educated, you will find an easier job in the future. Every job will sure has its difficulty and everyone will sure bound to bump into unfavourable situation. However, education will help you to get a job you like. I mean if you love what you do, and do what you love, everything will be more smooth-sailing right? 

    Working also makes me more appreciative of waiters/waitresses/service crews. I realised how hard they actually work and get food served on your table ASAP on peak hours. Be patient to them, people have no idea how physically tiring and emotionally draining it is. Also, don't request so much if you are actually not paying much, or worst still, its a fairly cheap place. Today morning, when i was queueing up to buy Tehbing Bao (ice milk tea takeaway), the lady in front of me was requesting so much. I swear i got so angry that i just STARED at her with a very disgusted face. Firstly, she asked about the full price, which was about $3. Then she proceeded to question other things like, ''then the coffee how much?'' as if the person cheated a few cents from her, She then asked how cooked the eggs were, how long they were cooked for, as if they were not cooked properly or to her liking, she would ask them to re-do. Afterwards, she asked for a change in coffee because it was not BLACK enough. That was when i got all disgusted and stuff. She didn't even ask politely, her tone was more of commending a servant to do something. I mean c'mon, you are only paying a few bucks on this, STOP BEING SO PICKY AND STOP GIVING PEOPLE A HARD TIME.

    I remember when i was working, because i was still new, i wasn't allowed to take order or assist customers with their requests. So everytime when they called me, i will nicely ask them to wait, and some would raise their voices at me and be like, ''I waited so long alr! Also nobody come!'' or give me a very unsatisfied face. Also, once when i was helping to clear plates off a table an elderly couple was seating at, the old man said something like, ''girls will be girls.'' What stereotype. 

    However, the people in my work place are friendly and helpful ah, so its quite a not bad working environment. Kids who dine there were also SO SO SO ADORABLE. Everytime i serve food to a kid, they were look at me with that innocent face and thank me. I mean awwwwwww you are so welcome hahahahahhahahaa. Some diners were pretty nice too, they knew i was struggling to clear the plates, so they stacked up the plates for me :)))))))))))))))). Thank you to whoever who did that, may people be nice to you too :). Overall, working is fine, i feel that i grew tougher and i gained many experiences. People always say i'm book smart (lol) but i guess i'm street smart too. I always have this stereotype thinking that people who study well cannot handle tough things (that are not related to studies), but i don't think its true la hahahahah i handled work pretty fine. :) 

    I think that's about it huh, this post is pretty lengthy because i do have much to get off my mind (and partially because i cannot access my dayre at the moment). I hope the next post will be filled with lots and lots of great and positive content, and lots of lovely memories.
    \
    Hui Lin

    "Life" was Posted On: Saturday, 7 November 2015 @11/07/2015 03:08:00 am | 0 lovely comments


    « Older posts | Newer posts »


    Layout TeaCakeHouse. All rights reserved.
    Please view with Google Chrome in a 1280 x 800 SR. Resources: TFN.